Below you will find a few links to websites that we think will be of use.
Of course, over time websites change so if any of the links below do not work please contact us via our feedback page.
- Homepage for the Department for Transport (DfT)
- Manual for Streets – When considering the design of roads, other than the strategic trunk network, you should use the Manual for Streets Section C - Detailed design issues.
- The Traffic Advisory Leaflets (TAL)
- Circular Roads (CR)
- Traffic Signs and Signals (including Traffic Signs Manual Chapter 8).
- Local Transport Notes (LTN).
- National Highways – Homepage
- Traffic Signs and Signals Registry – National Highways documents in the field of traffic systems and signing (TSS). The documents are prefixed with MCE, MCF, MCG, MCH, TR, TRG and TRH.
- The Stationery Office Bookshop – Where you can order paper and CD ROM versions of DMRB and MCHW documents and the Inspection Manual for Highway Structures Volumes 1 & 2.
- Transport Scotland website – Road Transport section.
- Northern Ireland Roads Service – Homepage
- Welsh Assembly Government – Road Transport Section.
- UK Accreditation Service – List of Sector Schemes.
- The Highway Authorities Product Approval Scheme (HAPAS) – Joint HA/CSS/BBA Scheme, for the approval of innovative products, materials and systems for use in highways and related areas.
- Historic Environment Local Management – Information for Highways Engineers, including "Streets for All".
- Guidance for Safer Temporary Traffic Management – This document, produced by a working group led by National Highways, and including County Surveyors Society and the Health & Safety Executive, contains guidance to facilitate the safe planning and implementation of temporary traffic management activities.